Happy April, Kool Kidd! You have made it through quarter one of 2016 and you have never looked better! You have accomplished so many great things in 3 months, that the remaining 9 months in 2016 should watch out for all the amazing things you have in store.
Personally, 2016 has been one of mixed emotions. I’m excited to be making an impact and positively influencing those around me through blogging and social media marketing but I am also exhausted by the work that is required by someone whom much is given to.
Many people ask me: “Terri, how do you do it? Do you have a clone? When are you going share your secrets with us, so we can be like you?“
To be frank, there is NO ONE on this planet who is like me! There is no one who talks like me, walks like me, who smiles the way I smile, nor is there anyone who cries the way I cry.
That’s because I made it a point to recreate who am I every day. Everyday I try to love a little more, work a little harder, and be a little better than I was yesterday.
Now I cannot promise you that comparing your chapter X to my chapter X is going to yield the same results, but I have come up with 7 things that I do that make me “standout” in the crowd! Try them out for yourself and see who amazing you can be this April!
Amazing Self Checklist
- Change your mindset: The mind is not only a terrible thing to waste, it is where your feelings begin and end! When you choose to see the good in every situation, you will be amazed at how easy it is to live a more positive life and receive all that you believe is due unto you.
- Plan ahead: Whether you’re old school and have a physical planner or you’re a techie whose mobile devices keep them in sync, when you plan your day, week, month, and year – goals are easier to crush!
- Read more: What you read depends on what you are passionate about, but of reading is to expand your horizons, allow you to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of life; think of it as your escapism from the real word.
- Get focused: Tell yourself which goal you are going to conquer first and pour your energy into that one thing! Once accomplished, celebrate your win before you dive into the next goal.
- Exercise regularly: Become a fitness junkie, whether you like the simiplicity of the treadmill or enjoy a dynamic workout; make it a priority to take care of your physical well being.
- Serve others: Giving your talents and time to serve a greater purpose than your own truly allows you to life a more purpose-drive life and all those goals you plan to accomplish will become that much easier to achieve.
- Be alone often: Going within is the last one because it is the most important. As much as you take time to care for others and about other things, you cannot leave yourself out of the equation. Take care to listen to yourself to understand what you need and make it your mission to love you as much as you love the world.
That’s it kool kidd! Those the 7 things I’ve done and continue to do to make sure I am my most amazing self yet! Being amazing is VERY subjective and however you define is good enough! Remember “life isn’t about finding yourself, it’s about creating yourself”.
Follow me on Instagram @terri2kool for more positive self-talk messages and join #TheKoolKrew by subscribing to my email newsletter! You’ll embark on the journey to love yourself more when you do, oxox, TK!